Eric Adams, Democratic Mayor of New York City has called upon President Joe Biden to “fairly distribute” illegal immigrants released into the U.S. across every city and town during a speech at the U.S. Conference of Mayors Thursday.
In his address, Adams described a series of actions he advocates ranging from amnesty for all illegal immigrants currently in the U.S. to expedited work permits for cross-border workers as well as what he called “a system to fairly distribute,“ illegal immigrants whom he euphemistically called “newcomers” regionally, according to City Hall.
“Today I am calling for a national response to the asylum seeker crisis, which includes six main points,” Adams told his fellow mayors:
- “A dedicated point-person whose sole focus is overseeing and coordinating our national asylum seeker response,”
- “A decompression strategy at the border that establishes a plan for each migrant’s arrival — and creates a system to fairly distribute newcomers regionally,”
- “Congressional funding for the Federal Emergency Management Agency to implement that strategy in the places of greatest need,”
- “Expedited right-to-work options for asylum seekers who are allowed to enter the country,”
- “Congressional legislation that provides a clear pathway to residency or citizenship for those who enter this country legally,”
- “And nationwide leadership that takes an all-hands-on-deck approach by bringing together nonprofits, the faith-based community, and the private sector, alongside state and local government to meet this challenge.”
Adams complained that “every attempt to deal with immigration on a national level through legislation has been sabotaged, mostly by right-wing opposition,” an obtuse notion given that the Biden administration and congressional Democrats first tacitly denied there even was a crisis at our southern border and have since responded with malign neglect. A neglect that forced border governors such as Texas' Greg Abbott and even Arizona's Doug Ducey to act independently of Washington. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has even taken more action than any c congressional Democrat.
Adams went on to thank Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY), and even freshly minted House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) for throwing money at affected Democrat-run cities rather than actually addressing the problem at its root: the border.
“I want to thank the New York City congressional delegation, U.S. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, and U.S. House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries for their leadership in providing New York and other localities with federal funding to help cover a portion of these expenses,” the mayor said.
“I also would like to thank the Biden-Harris Administration for supporting policies that will assist localities on the frontlines of the asylum seeker crisis gripping our nation,” he continued. “They have put forward a bold vision on immigration reform and requested billions of additional funding from Congress, but we are in need of more help.”
Adams' remarks are reflective of the overall Democrat viewpoint on the border crisis. Rather than confront the simple fact that as a sovereign nation, the U.S. has every right and indeed the legal and constitutional responsibility to turn away illegal immigrants at our borders. Additionally, the United States has the right to deport them from the interior of our nation. Despite this, Democrats choose to vainly address the problem by attempting to solve other nations' problems where many of these migrants originate while simultaneously pumping taxpayer money to cities willing to take in illegal immigrants.
Now Adams suggests that the solution is to “fairly distribute” a group of people who never should have been allowed to enter our nation in the first place and under the law should be deported expeditiously. What this has shown indeed, is a pathological, willful refusal by the left to see the problem, acknowledge it, and do anything that could directly address and solve it.