This Fall, the Center for the Study of Partisanship and Ideology released a study on LGBT identification and political affiliation at liberal arts colleges.
The findings were shocking.
Here are some of the points that stood out:
- “Liberal arts colleges are at nearly 40% LGBT identification.
- Ivy League schools average 10-15 percent conservative and 60-75 percent liberal. Across 150 leading schools, there are nearly 2.5 liberals for every conservative.
- Thirty percent of students and nearly the same share of academic staff in Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH) fields identify as the furthest left point on a 7-point conservative-liberal scale.
- Homeschooled and parochial schooled undergraduates are as or more likely to identify as LGBT or non-binary as those from public or private school backgrounds.
- LGBT, Nonreligious, and Christians are set to become more important political groups among America’s future leaders.”